Sunday 1 December 2019

sweet seaside bunting...


As part of my birthday stitchers swap parcel, I made my partner some bunting. Sally had suggested she’d like some bunting, however, it wasn’t really clear from her inspiration board what style she would prefer. Knowing Sally’s fabric tastes and because I wanted it to feel fresh and summery, I chose the Tasha Noel seaside fabric range first.
I think bunting is always better double sided, so I chose the Tasha Noel a small floral design from the a little sweetness range to compliment it. Making it reversible also gave her an alternative look in case she didn’t like the seaside theme. Since I learnt Sally’s favourite colour is red, and it matched my fabric choices perfectly, I picked out a red lace edge binding for the top of the bunting.
I first fussy cut some of the seaside characters, then added the other fabrics in between from the range until I was happy with the layout. I cut the same amount of florals and interfacing. I’m not quite sure why I interface bunting, I just like the way it looks. I stitched it all together and then tried to get a photo of it all, which turned out to be quite tricky.
I never know how many pennants to make when sending bunting, this might be a lot but hopefully she will find somewhere to hang it all!
This is one of my finish-a-long projects, although finished in Q2 I think... it wasn’t gifted until October so I’m including it in my Q4 finishes. You can see my finish-a-long list here.
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment