Thursday 10 February 2022

Dione quilt pattern...


 I have been making sewing patterns for a couple of years now and love putting my ideas out into the world. As I make more and more quilts, it was a natural progression for me to create my own designs. I love to doodle ideas and it has been amazing to see them come to life in quilt form.

So here is my first quilt pattern, the Dione quilt...


The quilt pattern comes with the fabric requirements, cutting and construction instructions for 4 sizes. I chose to make the baby size using the cute 'Guinevere' fabrics from Riley Blake designs. I'm so pleased with how lovely this quilt looks, the photos really don't do the fabrics justice. I always love using prints so I wrote the pattern to be directional fabric friendly. 


It was then suggested to me that I make an extra large version of the block. So I did just that and made the Dione XL which comes in 2 sizes. I love the impact of the pattern on a large scale and like that it can showcase bigger prints with the scaled up pieces, plus the supersize block makes them so quick to make.


Again I chose to make a baby sized quilt, this time using some cute robots as the feature print, mixed with some basics in coordinating colours. I found the perfect backing to match too. 


The Dione quilt pattern is now available to purchase in my Etsy store, if you fancy making your own version. There is also a surprise second version of the quilt included in the pattern as I just couldn't resist playing with the design to give even more options!

 I am so excited to see all the different quilts people make using my pattern too so please tag me @craftylilmouse in your makes with the #dionequilt on Instagram. 

Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment