Sunday 13 February 2022

Dione quilt - pattern testers parade!

Ready for the release of my first quilt pattern, I got some great makers to pattern test for me. I have been a pattern tester quite a few times and really enjoy it. As a pattern writer, the testers are really appreciated too. It means that hopefully there is no mistakes and the pattern is as easy as possible to use.
This is a blog post with the wonderful quilts and the people behind them.

Breanna lives in Ontario, Canada and has been quilting since she was ten. She spends most of her free time with her sewing machine or a good book. She started Rose & Ivy Quilts to sell her quilts when she realized she was making more than she could keep for herself.

@roseivyquilts

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/RoseAndIvyCo



I’m Coral, A contemporary quilter from South Wales, UK.  I made my first quilt over 10 years ago and have been hooked ever since.  I think it’s safe to say that my stitching skills have come a long way since that first quilt, but I still cherish that first quilt and the time that went into making it.

I have loved testing patterns for a number of designers over the last year.  It has encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone and try patterns a little different to what I would normally pick out.  The Dione Quilt was a dream to make, it looks fantastic as a scrappy quilt but also just as amazing with bold solid colours.

Coral used Moda Bella solids in tan, periwinkle and feather as well as a print from her stash.

See Coral's other makes on her instagram @valley.view.quiltco


Hi, I'm Kerry - a quilter, longarm quilter and fabric rescuer living in Kent. I'm also a wife to a long suffering carrier of fabric bolts and pawrent to Snoopy a 5 month old miniature sausage dog and Ronnie a 2 year old tabby cat.
I've been making quilts for almost 11 years now and in my 3rd year of being a longarm quilter. I help to run the Great British Quilter Instagram account, am the current website editor for Region 2 of The Quilters Guild and am a proud Pfaff brand ambassador, I love to talk about quilting and share my passion to anyone who wants to listen so I'm very grateful to have these wonderful platforms. I recently launched my new website, a very steep learning curve but an achievement I'm proud of, you can sign up to my newsletter Diagnosis Quilter - written by a quilter for quilters!
I made my version of the Dione Quilt using scraps in colours I don't usually sew with altogether, from some of my favourite designers/collections including Alison Glass, Helen Steele, Ruby Star Society and Libs Elliot.
Visit Kerry's website: www.thatssewkerry.com


Hi, I'm Laura. I live in London with my family. I began quilting this past year, although I have been sewing all my life. I loved making the Dione Quilt for Stacey! I used Smol fabric from Ruby Star Society for my pattern test.




Although I've only been quilting for around two years and I am very much a beginner I felt assisted and guided throughout pattern testing the Dione quilt. With tips and hints for using directional fabric as well as tutorials for creating both the HSTs and flying geese there was Little room for error and I made a beautiful quilt I'm overjoyed with! The Dione quilt was a huge confidence boosting pattern with endless possibilities.
The blocks came together with speed and ease. I had been saving the Dashwood under the sea fabrics for a special quilt and love the movement and flow they have created. I added hand quilting in both silver and pink glitter and bright orange thread to mimic the waves of the sea. It's so fun!! 
Charlie xx




 If you fancy making your own Dione quilt, you can now buy the pattern in my Etsy store.
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment