Thursday 5 August 2021

The sweet wonder quilt!

 


I recently had the pleasure of testing made just sew’s latest quilt pattern. It is fabulous! I’m in love with the baby quilt I made and the bonus is, it was so simple to make. It’s a quick make too, start to finish for me was about  10 days, but I know a lot of people in the test group did it faster. 

So more details about my quilt. I used dinosaur themed fabrics in blue and greens:

The dinosaur fabrics are camelot (no name on my cut), foot print is 'i love you this much' by leanne & kayttyn anderson for henry glass, teal dot print is upper case volume 3 circular logic for windham fabrics. Binding is the Navy Blue tonal fabric Spectrastatic II collection by Giucy Giuce for Andover Makower

I used aurifil 50wt thread, 2021 for Construction. Then 1320 and 2805 for the quilting.


I actually quilted this quilt myself, since it was a manageable 42” square. I used the walk book by jacquie Gering. It was still simple lines, but made an impactful design on the quilt.


I couldn’t resist making a cushion to be gifted with the quilt. I wanted it to match the centre of the quilt. I had to resize the pattern, but it was worth the effort to match. I also did matching quilting design and used my favourite way to sew a cushion back to complete it.


You can find the cushion back tutorial here!

I just had to take this quilt for a little trip out to get some #quiltsinthewild photos. I think I found the perfect background at the York museum gardens. More photos can been found on my Instagram @craftylilmouse

Overall I would highly recommend giving this pattern a try, Claire’s other patterns are great too, and you can buy them here!

There was plenty of amazing testers versions, which means there plenty of colour inspiration to get you started too. You can have a look on this handy blog post here or check out the #sweetwonderquilt on Instagram, why not give @madejustsew a follow too while you are there!

Mx


No comments:

Post a Comment