Sunday 3 December 2023

Sew Hot brand rep… take 3

 


Another Sew Hot brand rep parcel has arrived and it is fabulous!
I love these Ruby Star Society fabrics. It is the new Lil range by Kimberly Knight and has such pretty little florals. 


Of course I had to make some new cushion covers for my sofa. Before I started my projects, I had to narrow down the fabric selection. I went for the smaller prints for the patchwork and two of the larger scale prints for the zip backs.


First up I made my own pattern using simple half square triangles (HSTs). I think it is the colour and print placement that make the pattern so effective, in my opinion.
I have made it available in my Etsy store as a cute pocket pattern.

There is no other way to finish a cushion, than a hidden zip back. Tutorial here.


I did simple straight line quilting with my walking foot and love the results. It adds such lovely texture to the cushion.


For my second cushion, I decided to go with the Made Just Sew 'pointing' cushion pattern. I adapted it slightly as my cushion was rectangle, I didn't make all the rows, I also turned the pattern since I thought it fit the direction of my cushion better.
This was a free pattern for an event but you can check out her other patterns here.


I love this larger scale print for the cushion back and I couldn't resist leaving the selvedge on this one.
I had to adapt the way that I made the cushion back but I still wanted to add a zip to close my cushion back.


I think they look great together on the sofa. I will be adding my Ruby Star Society fabric cushion cover to the sofa next year and these are a great start to the collection.
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment