Thursday 11 April 2019

Finish-a-long Q1 round up and Q2 list!

It’s time for a finish-a-long round up and my plans for Q2. 

Firstly the projects I managed to finish in Q1, this was my list...

 
  • Finish the pouch made from my 100 hexies: I did this first and am using it to store and travel with my ice cream soda quilt. You can see this here.
  • A patchwork for my nana’s 80th birthday: no I didn’t but I will have to next month!
  • The unicorn pouch I didn’t finish last quarter: still not finished!
  • Bambi gifts: yay! I made them. It looked so cute and were happily received. The frame I won’t be entering as it isnt sewing related but you can see the cushion here
  • Mermaid cross stitch: this was my latest finish and you can see it here.
  • Micky quilt: this was a joy to make and gift. It come together so quick and I was very happy with it. You can read about this here.
  • 2 Easter projects: I have made these but since they are gifts I won’t be posting them til Q2
  • Continue making my advent calendar: no progress. 
  • Pin badge banners: not even looked at it!
  • The blocks for abbie: I finally finished them, not quite how I expected but she loves them. You can read about them here.
  • Car acsessiories: a recent destash purchase has meant the plan has changed slightly but I will hopefully be doing these Q2.
  • Birthday stitchers swap project 1: I did it, but have realised I won’t be able to share til later this year. I do still need to keep making though.
  • Send a little love swap: finished this (see here) and it has sparked an idea, so I have started the process and am excited.
Plus I’d love to make a start on my ice cream soda Epp (I only managed 3 blossoms but at least it’s a start), postage stamp quilt (a little more cutting but not really anything major) and my liberty quilt (I little more planning and cutting but nothing to shout about).

I thought it was a totally unrealistic list, but have surprised myself by finishing almost half! I am super happy about my progress, especially when I started a few more projects too. The main thing I started in Q1 is a quilt that has been a long while coming. Although I am not finished, I am almost there and the top will hopefully be finished by the end of this week. 


 
Time to plan my Q2 list and this is what I have chosen-
 
  • Easter gifts (slightly cheating as they are made, although thought I’d include since I need to remember to actually post them!)
  • My meadowland quilt (hopefully to be long armed but will need binding)
  • My nanas 80th birthday gift
  • Car accessories 
  • Unicorn pouch
  • Pin badge banners
  • Green blanket
  • Adele dress
  • Liberty cushion
  • Birthday stitchers swap project 2&3 (I know I can’t post but I do need to do them)
  • Postage stamp quilt
  • My first proper pattern release 
Plus I want to do a bit more on my ice cream soda quilt, hopefully more than last quarter.

This list is probably unrealistic again, but you never know unless you try. Plus I have to start somewhere on my very big list, which I must admit is constantly growing. Is everyone else the same?

Best get making and finishing those projects... 
 
If you fancy joining in too, click link here to the blog and find a host, alternatively, go check out their account and hashtag over on Instagram.
 
Mx






1 comment:

  1. A wonderful list, I hope you are making progress on at least some of them... I am curious to see your nan's 80th birthday gift; and a first proper pattern release, how exciting!! Thank you for participating in the Finish-A-Long, on behalf of all our hosts!

    ReplyDelete