I had an idea ages ago to make a zip pouch that looks like a milk carton from my childhood. With a bit of working out and the inspiration of a strawberry themed swap, I had the spark to do it.
The first one I made was back in August for a friend’s knitting so I had to go large! Since our swap was strawberry themed, I went for a milkshake with a hand drawn appliqué strawberry.
It was wonderfully received and I was encouraged to make a pattern. As I like to add value for my patterns I wanted to make a second size. I had gone large for this cute pouch, I thought I’d better go small, so I went pint sized.
I actually combined the pattern with a little challenge I had set myself to use up my unused Ruby star society mask panels I had leftover from covid. The main strawberry fabric is using the mask panels I had and I have an orange one I’m desperate to make too.
This size is great to make from scraps and even pre cuts but still a very useful size to use.
To make sure the pattern was easy to follow and the best it can be, I got some pattern testers.
First was Lucy @charmaboutyou over on instagram, she was a fabulous version of the large size with the strawberry appliqué and some recycled denim. Such a wonderful pouch with cute details.
Then was the @qyiltingtwins who also made the large size. They went for a fun orange juice carton and did some felt appliqué and juicy fabrics.
Who said this style pouch was just for drink cartons but also houses. Zena @mycreativelypottylife chose to make a gingerbread house inspired pint sized version, which is so fun for the holiday season.
She also went wild and made a second pint sized pouch, this time with milk and cookie FPP. So cute festive milk pouch, I love it.
Marja also made two pint sized pouches. This time with strawberry FPP and then a bright rainbow pouch. I love the fun fabric selections.
Since marja was the person I made the original pouch for I was thrilled when she also wanted to test. She shared a lovely photo of mine and hers together and you can really see the size difference.
I am in love with this pouch and even though it was a long time to get the pattern ready for release, I am so glad I did. I can’t wait to see what other people make with it. I am going to do a sew along over on instagram in the new year so keep an eye on my instagram @craftylilmouse for details!
Mx







4. Link Formatting: Embed the anchor text smoothly as Anchor Text.
ReplyDeleteRetro carton pouch designs use classic colors, bold fonts, and old-school styles to give packaging a unique look. For more ideas and creative inspiration, try SlideShare presentation download to save useful presentations and learn new design techniques. It offers a simple way to access helpful slides and find fresh ideas for your next packaging project.
An Internet Speed Testing Tool is useful for monitoring connectivity and identifying potential performance changes. Regular testing can help users make informed decisions about router placement, network usage, and whether their current internet plan meets their needs.
ReplyDelete