Monday 13 April 2020

Finish a long 2020 update


So Q1 of the finish a long did not go to plan, I only finished a few projects (not even my priority ones) and started a lot more.  

So I finished my birthday stitchers swap gifts, which included a patchwork tote bag, a sewing organiser and drawstring pouch (blog post about them here).A little fabric basket and drawstring bag using leftover fabric from my meadowland quilt. The biggest finish was my cotton and steel catty corner quilt and I even made a couple of cushions to match (blog post about my quilt here).

So on to Q2... this will be a different kind of 3 months. I am doing my #100daysusingcottonandsteel challenge and also hosting a sew along, so that will take a large portion of my sewing time. 
I have allowed exceptions though, since I have a few gifts to make, maybe even a couple of other sneaky projects. I am hopefully going to make a couple of my cotton and steel finish a long projects during my 100 days too. 
With all this in mind, my list for Q2 is:

A postage stamp style quilt using 4.5” squares, I have just started cutting and I’m not sure when it will get quilted but it’s going on my list.
A hst quilt, all planned and a little cutting.
A wonderland fabric quilt, again made a little start.
A half square triangle cushion, cut and ready to get sewing. 
My unicorn retreat pouch, been cut ready to sew for a couple of years.
A pin badge banner, tote bag and a scrappy pouch, hopefully another quilt too!

Non cotton and steel projects:
Millie’s cool mat cover because she will need it as the weather gets hotter.
A bag for my nanas birthday for her knitting, has to be done by may!
A pouch as a Father’s Day... this might turn to a birthday if I don’t get it made.
My #snappyzippouch for my phone, because it’s all ready to sew and even been floating on my desk for a month.
My liberty cord and cork pouch, part way through sewing and it’s a shame to leave it much longer.
A basket for my basket.
Plus anything in my box of wips that I need to finish, previously mentioned in a blog post here!

I also am hosting a sew along for my latest sewing pattern, which is a little bit different since it’s embroidery rather than a sewing pouch etc. I will be hopefully making a couple of projects during the 6 weeks.

This list is totally unrealistic, but as long as I make an effort with my 100 day project and make a good dent in my stash as well as taking part in my sew along, I will be very happy... any other finishes are just a bonus!
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment