Wednesday 2 January 2019

Blue liberty pouch



I made a patchwork panel using liberty fabric in blue shades. I was originally making something else but that didn’t go to plan!! Since I didn’t want this panel to go to waste, I made a pouch instead.



I decided to make the pouch to hold some scissors and a rotary cutter so I added wadding for protection. I wanted the closer/flap of my pouch to be in a solid colour, so I used some art gallery pure elements fabric. I also added interfacing to this and the lining for some stability. I used a kam snap fastening to be easy to use. 
 
 
I made this for my mums birthday, unfortunately I had to cut my panel in half to make the pouch the right size so the patchwork isn’t as even as i would have liked, but she likes it and that’s all that matters.

This was on my finish-a-long list of projects to do and you can read more about that here!
Mx

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to use a patchwork panel! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2018 hosts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I quite liked the result too. Might even make another for myself. Thanks for hosting Mx

      Delete