Sunday 29 December 2019

Butterfly cross stitch

 
I made this little gift using the butterfly hoop kit from cross-stitch crazy magazine I got a while ago. I followed the kit to stitch up the butterflies on the front, but didn't like the plastic hoop supplied with it. I decided to paint a wooden hoop the same size using my own custom mixed lilac shade of Annie Sloan (I'm afraid I can't remember which colours went into it!).
 
 
I added the coordinating fabric to finish the back of the hoop, first glued and then ladder stitched to secure it in place. The final touch was some organza ribbon to create a hanging loop and bow to cover the screw.
 
 
I finished this project earlier, but couldn't share until now as it was part of a Christmas gift. It is on my Q4 finish-a-long list which you can find here ....
 
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment