Saturday 15 December 2018

#sncaswap18


Over on Instagram I join in with the #saturdaynightcraftalong most weeks. Towards the end of the year they have a swap. Last year I signed up and although quite stressful, I received the most beautiful gift and enjoyed making my gift to send too. This year I signed up to do the #sncaswap18 as soon as I could.


I found out my partner was @a.fox.made.this I was thrilled as I knew who she was straight away. I was able to order some fabric straight away as I thought her favourite designer is Tula pink. Alex makes the most beautiful bags and pouches so I crossed making those of my idea sheet. I had thought of making a cushion but eagerly waited for her inspiration mosaic. I was thrilled to see a couple of cushions and plenty of patchwork. I was drawn to one of the patterns on her board and decided that could work nicely in the Zuma fabric range by Tula pink. 
 

I did have to do some quilty maths and a couple of sample blocks before I made a start. The patchwork came together surprisingly well and although most of my points aren’t perfect the overall effect i thought was quite striking. I added fusible fleece to the back and did some simple quilting, either side of the seams. I made the cushion back with a zip in. I basted the two sides together and attached the binding. I used a ladder stitch to hand sew the binding to the back and finish my cushion for Alex. For my first attempt at this much patchwork and making a cushion this way, I am very happy with what I made. 
 

To complete the swap package, I added in some fox socks from accessorize, a christmas scented diffuser, a colouring in postcard and a screen printed tote bag I made.

This was also one of my finish-a-long projects that I had on my list. you can see the original post here to find out more!  

***


The other part of this swap is what I received. I made this mosaic and posted it on Instagram as inspiration for my partner.
 

 I received my parcel from @sewinthecorner and it’s beautiful. Michelle has made me a sewing caddy to use when I hand sewing in the lounge and this will definitely be going away with me and used in the car too. I especially love the cute fussy cut patchwork panel on one side.


As an extra Michelle also made a beautiful bee pin cushion that was featured on my mosaic, I love the added embroidered details on the bottom too. As extras she included some yummy chocolates, ribbon, embroidery threads and some washi tape.



Mx

4 comments:

  1. I love my cushion, it really is perfect for me and I've moved it to have pride of place on my sofa. All the gifts in my swap package were excellent and loads of people have commented on my 'Looking Foxy' tote. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased to hear you like all your gifts, I feel very privileged to have made it to your sofa! Glad to hear you are using the tote, I couldn’t resist sending you that design. Mx

      Delete
  2. What a successful swap! Your pillow is gorgeous!

    Thanks for linking up to the FAL, on behalf of the global hosts.

    ReplyDelete