Thursday 18 June 2015

i carried a watermelon...



 
a friend requested a watermelon, after seeing my previous  keyring's. I cut a circle of green felt, a slightly smaller one in white and a slight smaller one again out of pink. I used coloured embroidery floss/ thread to add some details and secure the layers together. I folded my circle in half to find the centre and stitched a ribbon loop on the back. I cut out another circle of green felt, to the same size. I folded this in half, then trimmed either side down to make an elipse. I blanket stitched along one side attaching the front to the back, I then stuffed the watermelon. I made sure the shape was right and made any adjustments, by just trimming the felt a little. when I was happy with the shape I blanket stitched it all together, I added a bit more stuffing before I closed up the gap completely. I added on my metal keyring hoop to finish.
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment